Monday, August 2, 2010

Me and Malfurion

So just thought I would drop a post to let anyone reading this know that i am working getting my thoughts together for the dps counterpart to my tanking basics post and that i have not forgot about the blog already...again.

On a second and completely unrelated note: there is a picture of the new? model for Malfurion Stormrage on mmo-champion right now and i have to say i am sorely disappointed with it. I like im sure many others have grown up on Warcraft games through my childhood. my first adventures into azeroth came with Warcraft 2: tides of darkness when i was really quite young. I remember sitting in the living room playing Warcraft 2 and trying to hide that i was using cheat codes from my dad. I also remember just sitting there for long stretches of time watching my dad play because i thought he was the most amazing player ever.

Then came Warcraft 3. It was at this point in the game that i started to rival my dad in skill. I have spent countless games with and without cheats learning the races and while i am still relatively not very good i do enjoy playing a lot. I have had the expansion for quite a while now and have even bought a second copy of the expansion so that i can hook up the computers upstairs for some LAN games with a friend of mine.

That all being said i am sure you can gather that i have probably played through the story a few times and what an awesome one it is. It was with Warcraft 3 that i was introduced to all of the night elf major players including Malfurion Stormrage. Now if you have played the game you will know that Malfurion Stormrage is a tall and very wide individual. He is more like a watermelon in appearance and that is how i have grown up knowing him.

This new model in the game right now has left me severely disappointed. I play a tauren and hope that my interaction with Malfurion Stormrage in cata is limited if the model stays the same because i just do not like how it looks at all. In his new version he looks like some lean hardcore bearded fighting machine where in the original games he looked more like the wise humble and peaceful demi-god that he is and i don't like it.

I don't know if you feel the same way but that's how i feel. Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment