Sunday, October 31, 2010

Spoooooky, but not really, just awesome

Its halloween today!!!! Every year for halloween i always carve a pumpkin, it used to be a thing i did with my mom but as I have gotten older i have moved to just doing it myself. I have done the standard pumpikins: The face, the owl, the haunted house but this year i was hanging out with my friend and i was like we should do some wow pumpkins, i know its nerdy but i think you will agree that it was an awesome idea. So we were sitting there and did not know what to carve and I said that we should carve the horde symbol into one this year, and then i thought that there was no reason that we couldnt do two pumpkins so I got my mom to get me 2 pumpkins while she was out and about (thanks mom) and we carved them on friday.

We decided to do the horde symbol and the alliance symbol. My friend ended up doing the horde one because he is less artistically inclined so i did the alliance one. I felt kind of like i was betraying the horde but once i finished the pumpkin it was so awesome that the feeling immediatly went away. So yes i did do the alliance one and it turned out really good.

It took about 2-2.5 hours to draw the picture onto the pumpkin and carve it out which was longer than i have ever spent on a pumpkin before. I did not use a stencil or anything i just looked at a picture and free-handed it on with a sharpie then carved it with your run of the mill pumpkin carving set that costs like 3$. Oh and if you are ever going to carve a pmpkin dont try and buy carving tools 2 days before halloween because we were driving around for like 2 hours trying to find carving tools. Enough about the pumpkin though, here it is.



Oh and just to cut off anyone saying that i didnt actually carve this pumpkin, I did. I am not going to try and convince you other than simply stating it so just take it at face value.

Have a happy halloween and all those of you with kiddies going out tonight, have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment